Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

havnt done antennae for years but look into Wineguard. I think
they still make them here ! Whatever you do get the biggest you can.

In the good old days I ran a Jerrold VU937 IIRC. Twas a beast
20' long & double boomed. From 25mi NW of Boston could get UHF
out to Me. & a ton of them from Ct & W. Mass. . VHF was fully covered including 2 ch 6-8-13. 6 was New Bedford or Portland 8 was New Haven
or Mt. Washington NH. 13 was Portland or NYC. At night when stations
went dark could get all the NYC VHF's & half the time ch 3 Philly.
I wasnt even up high ! Try that with HD.
Boy do I miss NTSC

73 Zeno

BTW Your nephew needs serious help
Old 05-28-2013, 03:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

I need the 2-69 model because I use them for FM also. Unless I just get a seperate one for FM. If I find another tower it will be just 1 antenna. The problem with the Radio Shack is the plastic that holds the rods (not sure what there called) but the plastic will break after so much rain and then the wind really messes up the antenna. But the hd7698p looks like a good antenna but I need one that will cover FM. I tried to google for a picture of a
Jerrold VU937. You said double boom? I wonder if it looks like the one I am thinking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
BTW Your nephew needs serious help

Yes you are correct. I do love him because he is family. But I told him one day I was going to pull it down with my truck and I was going to use what I could. He could have atleast told me he got it down he knew I wanted it. Maybe that would have been crazy but I was planning on trying it. It was only 30 feet. I would have to bought another base and would have maybe added 2 top sections to make it 50. Now my cousin she bought my grandmothers house and there is a tower there. It has the CM 1111 the one I posted about. I am not sure what kind of shape it is in. I know it was hit by lightning I know once because it ran in on their (My Grandmothers TV) not too long before she passed. I think it worked after that but the AMP on the pole was changed. The Antenna was put up in the early 80's I was there when it was put up. Maybe she (my cousin) will let me have it if I take it down some people will do that.

Last edited by cg1973; 05-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.