Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2024, 03:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

1969 Zenith Chromacolor TV NOS!

This was a rare find for me. A sealed New in the box 1969 Zenith Chromacolor portable tabletop tube tv. It uses the well known 14DC15 chassis. Technically a hybrid set. Also what is remarkable about this tv is that it actually uses a integrated circuit chip which is very high tech back then. I purchased this tv on facebook marketplace awhile back. It was a big pain to have shipped but arrived to me safe and sound. A liquidation company had not one but three of these chromacolor sets new in the box and all of them used the 14DC15 chassis. I debated on whether to open the box and inspect further and decided to do so since it seemed silly to never open it. I slowly brought up the tv with a variac with success! Virtually no adjusting at all needed as it was setup from the factory and was amazingly having no issues at all other than some arcing or high voltage buzzing at first during warm up but this stopped after a bit of time. Absolutely amazing condition and very impressed by it. I am inclined to recap regardless, what do you all think I should do about this unique situation?

https://imgur.com/a/x2k1Lfj

For those of you who are on tiktok, I have a channel that has a few videos of this tv in operation:
https://www.tiktok.com/@noahdawson44...44818129390891