Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Rca CTC-25 overview and help

Hello,

A while back my prayers for a tube color set got answered with an rca ctc 25 combo. Its a "halmstead" in walnut veneer modern danish styling. It has a 1972 date code "black matrix" 23valp22 crt in it that tests dam good on my bk 467. Emissions barely drop if you dial the heater voltage down to five volts.

Initial power up was great. However after sitting around my house moisture penetrated the flyback. The last time I powered it up It still had hv but man you could hear it fizzing and hissing in there. Ive since not powered it on again.

Id like to maybe re wax it or seal the flyback with corona dope or rtv silicone. Id also like to get a spare flyback for this set as id like to use fairly often. Used or nos. If used id probably recondition it in a similar fasion to prevent future failure from moisture.

Does anyone have any method of repairing these?

Moyer electronics last a tried was clean out. Same with the early television museum. Ive found one guy in the facebook group vintage television collectors who has one but he wants a $$$ for it which is fine and im completely willing to pony up. I just wanted to try here as well.

I do have the sams and a 1967/68 rca color television manual that covers my set.

I am amateurish as far as experience with tvs go. I have this color set and a bw zenith. Ive mostly done old tube radios and tube stereos. I do have most basic test equipment except a pattern generator and hv probe but thats ok.