Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Obligatory Intro!

Hi, I am Sara, and I just became the proud owner of a Sony Betamax, in addition to that I have a lot of older electronics and video games, I have several other VCR's including a Go Video as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Nice t'have ya ! Welcome !
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Welcome aboard! I'm in Cheektowaga
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Sara welcome

Helle Sara my name is tim we welcome you to the best on line site for tv.. I also have beta max made by sony I have a big SL5000, SL300 superbeta hifi and i collect tvs and radios from the 40s, 50s, early 60s that also includes stereo recievers so hope your hobby grows great with the rest of us.. happy collecting Timothy
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't have room for any older TV's, but I do keep a Panasonic CRT from 2004 and a Panasonic flat panel HDTV that I just bought last year, my first HDTV! I am near Buffalo too. I have very little space, and its quickly being filled!

Also I am not sure if this counts, but we also have a microwave from 1984 that is still in use. Which was ironically a hand me down, it is so incredibly reliable. Most of our other appliances died and we had to replace them, but the microwave lives!

Last edited by SaraAB87; 09-05-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

[QUOTE=SaraAB87;3046955]I don't have room for any older TV's, but I do keep a Panasonic CRT from 2004 and a Panasonic flat panel HDTV that I just bought last year, my first HDTV! I am near Buffalo too. I have very little space, and its quickly being filled!

Maybe I shouldn't oughta tell you this, but Panasonic-And a few other Japanese mfgers-made a line of TEENY, TINY TVs back in the Seventies & Eighties that had incredibly small-1.5" CRTs- that take up hardly any room atall. The whole set-Which sometimes had an AM/FM radio included, were little bigger than a potboiler paperback novel. Good examples still abound, & usually are quite cheap. The King of the Hill is the CT-101 from 1984, which was a 1.5" COLOR CRT set...The smallest ever made. A WHOLE collection of these l'il fellas doesn't take up much space at all, & they're sure to draw lots of compliments.