Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

silvertone roundie

hey all i have not got started on this silvertone ctc12 clone yet to find out why the hv jumps up and down with scene changes and the cathode current jumps as well. i will be checking the 390k resistor at the blanker tube to ground since it was said to do this if the resistor is out or the ground trace is bad. so with all the talk about the low hv on that ctc5 does this sound like anything to anyone? 24kv at the crt but it jumps around with scene changes as low as 19kv and with that the cathode current to. this set was not right from the beginning with the hv. all the caps in the horiz section was changed and more. i changed probably more caps then i should have. shunt tube is new , rect tube, resistors in the hv adjust string checked good, resistor at the 6dq5 was changed. the crt bias has to be all the way counter because if i raise it just a touch the whole screen turns to blurr and the hv takes a huge dive, any ideas befor i go ahead and look at something that will get me nowhere,lol,lol....