Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2018, 12:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Recapping a 1955 RCA KCS92d

Hello all, this is my first recap job and I am not having much luck. I replaced all the caps in my tv and seem to have made matters worse. Before recapping I at least got a tiny bit of screen action, but now the screen no longer lights up. The rear of the tube does light up however, so I guess the picture tube is alright.

The flyback sounds a bit strained which is worrying, and the tube inside the flyback housing is not lighting up. Voltage is going through the wire that attaches to the top of the tube though.

Any ideas on this? I do not have a tube tester so I am mostly looking for a way to troubleshoot this if the tube is not the issue. I got this tv from the original owner and have really been trying to fix it to show it to him. His health is declining so I am trying to get this project done as soon as I can.

Also keep in mind I have never really messed with tubes. I do repair on vintage solid state audio so this is a bit of a stretch.