Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

B&k 1076

I picked up a great condition B&K 1076 in mint NOS condition but it is missing the transparencies. Does anyone have any they would be willing to sell or make copies of them and mail them to me?
Thanks

Gregb
Old 11-20-2015, 07:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here's what you do:

Download the desired pattern off the web as a jpg. Print it to a white sheet of paper on an ink-jet printer. Then take it to Staples or Office Depot and ask for a transparency to be made from your image. Tell them you want high contrast. They generally charge 50 cents a sheet to do this. Your downloaded patterns need to be in the 300x400 pixel range. You can use a graphics program if you need to re-scale it up or down.
The problem with the original transparencies is that as they age, they become brittle, crack up and fall apart.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:58 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
The problem with the original transparencies is that as they age, they become brittle, crack up and fall apart.
Actually there similar non-flammable image bearing plastics that are over 100 years old and still in good shape.

So, the problem with the original transparencies is that as they age, they become brittle, crack up and fall apart, IF STORED IN A WARM AND HUMID LOCATION.

I have an original set in good condition and after the holidays, I will see if Staples will copy them. You can have them for my cost. If anyone else wants a copy send me an email before Dec 4th.

James
Old 11-20-2015, 01:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyfilm View Post
Actually there similar non-flammable image bearing plastics that are over 100 years old and still in good shape.

So, the problem with the original transparencies is that as they age, they become brittle, crack up and fall apart, IF STORED IN A WARM AND HUMID LOCATION.

I have an original set in good condition and after the holidays, I will see if Staples will copy them. You can have them for my cost. If anyone else wants a copy send me an email before Dec 4th.

James
That would be greatly appreciated James, Thanks! I don't have any originals so down loading from the web may or may not work as I don't know what the correct size is.

Gregb
Old 11-21-2015, 07:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

A high quality, downloadable and printable image exists at this URL. Looks like no rescaling needed.
http://antiqueradio.org/art/BK1077BSlideAnalyst.jpg
Audiokarma