Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
That's the reason I don't like to give my stuff away (especially the vintage stuff) unless I know who it's going to. I don't want to give some joker something that I've worked hard to bring back to life, only to find out that he trashed it or otherwise destroyed it. At least if I keep the stuff, I know it's safe.
Yeah, my new policy now. The console was one i had picked up for $5 dead. Fixed it and used a few times but needed some cabinet work and a bit of tweaking but that's all gone now. I noticed the ad was gone today. Probably picked by a scrapper for the copper.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Years ago, I gave a friend an Elac-Miracord 40A turntable so that he'd have a good turntable to play his newly obtained LP collection that he got from the local country station that was selling their records. About a year later, he told me that he sold it at a yard sale for $3 because he found a newer plastic Pioneer turntable and "newer is better." I gave it to him to do as he pleased with; but, I would have felt a lot better about it had he at least offered it back to me before selling it for $3 at a yard sale. I would have gladly paid him for it. After that, I never offered him any more stereo equipment - let him use his "newer is better" plastic junk.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
Years ago, I gave a friend an Elac-Miracord 40A turntable so that he'd have a good turntable to play his newly obtained LP collection that he got from the local country station that was selling their records. About a year later, he told me that he sold it at a yard sale for $3 because he found a newer plastic Pioneer turntable and "newer is better." I gave it to him to do as he pleased with; but, I would have felt a lot better about it had he at least offered it back to me before selling it for $3 at a yard sale. I would have gladly paid him for it. After that, I never offered him any more stereo equipment - let him use his "newer is better" plastic junk.
Oh man, i hear ya on that one. Seems like its going around a lot thes days. Everybody thinks newer is better. I don't see how they figure that.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
Oh man, i hear ya on that one. Seems like its going around a lot thes days. Everybody thinks newer is better. I don't see how they figure that.
Yes indeed. Don't get us started on the Crosley reporduction record players
Old 04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Yes indeed. Don't get us started on the Crosley reporduction record players
Oh no. Don't even want to go there.
Audiokarma