Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
AK Member

"Be careful as some chassis were conected directly to one side of the a/c line so depending on which way the plug is in the wall the chassis may be live or not."

HAHa I learnt this the hard way already. Testing to see if caps are hot Zaap. I was so happy, I thought I got the HV working again. But after some thought I realized it was 60hz because thats just how it felt. Bugger I said( I also didn't think it could get me with just one hand in there...maybe 2 fingers touched)

And just some test results from the caps. I got the charge to go up to 40v. They seem to be fixing themselves a little every time I power it on(30 to 40) But I don't think they will fully recover. Also I measured 60 volts ac With my tester at the same points. And it jumped around a little (40-90 vac).

With this in mind could it be the caps. I wanna say yes. But if anyone thinks its a little far fetched for the caps to bring the voltage from 30 to the proper 250 or w/e it should be. please say so.

Rudy