Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Respect the tube!

Mitsubishi projection tv

Please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

My neighbor threw this one at me. They have a Mits rear projection set model WS-65859. Looks to be about a 50" set with a manufacture date of 2002. The manual says it is a digital set but it doesn't appear to be dlp.

The powe went out one night and when it came back on, the tv just flashed the green led indicating a failure. Tried the reset procedure as instructed in the manual. Still same problem.

I realize the power supply is probably plagued with bad caps. But before digging into this monster, is it even worth repairing? I realize that sometimes the power supply may take out other components and just want to avoid a boondoggle over a worthless set. I am told it had a bright and solid picture on it before it crashed. While this is a 16:9 aspect set, I don't believe it is high def. There is nothing to lead me to think it is high def save the VGA connector on the set. Otherwise it it is loaded with svideo, component and composite inputs. The manual says it is a digital set.

Thoughts or experience with this type of set would be appreciated.