Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Which RCA TV used this remote?

I've had this remote laying around forever. With the Accumatic control, I'm guessing CTC-46, but does anyone know for sure?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1679[1].jpg (60.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would guess abt 1970 almost definately an early solid state.
If I get bored this weekend I will scratch through a few Sams
& see if I can spot it. But I gotta feelin my squaw wont let
me get bored !

73 Zeno
Old 10-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

I have two of those, one within reach. I'd like to know as well. Considering the look of the channel switch on that one, it was used by a real couch potato.

I just remembered the ad I have that shows this remote. I've seen other ads that show remotes with the same shell but fewer switches, but I don't think they were remote sets.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-29-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Does it have a CRK number. Probably in the door.

73 Zeno
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Yessah, underneath the back cover. Only the bottom cap needs to be removed to access the battery compartment. CRK14C.
Audiokarma
Old 10-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Followin' the Rules...

CTC40 remote sets used a similar one, and the XL-100 pictured is probably a CTC44 chassis set. GR series were the first year of the XL-100 (MAD/MAG/MAH/MAL), IIRC.

When you ordered a replacement from RCA, it was always "reconditioned" - no new remotes were made beyond initial production. The remotes came with a reconditioned sticker and a little sheet telling you the remote was used. Many had deep scratches - some customers were appalled that the remote they turned in was better looking than the one RCA supplied. I have one of the same remotes, reconditioned one with all the nasty scratches in the case.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
CTC40 remote sets used a similar one, and the XL-100 pictured is probably a CTC44 chassis set. GR series were the first year of the XL-100 (MAD/MAG/MAH/MAL), IIRC.

When you ordered a replacement from RCA, it was always "reconditioned" - no new remotes were made beyond initial production. The remotes came with a reconditioned sticker and a little sheet telling you the remote was used. Many had deep scratches - some customers were appalled that the remote they turned in was better looking than the one RCA supplied. I have one of the same remotes, reconditioned one with all the nasty scratches in the case.
I bought one a few weeks ago, from a thrift but it has only two rocker switches, volume and channel, plus the on-off button on the side. I thought it was for a black and white, or a lower end color set. It only uses one AA penlite cell.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I bought one a few weeks ago, from a thrift but it has only two rocker switches, volume and channel, plus the on-off button on the side. I thought it was for a black and white, or a lower end color set. It only uses one AA penlite cell.
Probably a hotel remote - they didn't give guests the opportunity to change Many settings. I have one that says mural tv on it -RCA's hotel/ motel models were all mural tvs.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Probably a hotel remote - they didn't give guests the opportunity to change Many settings. I have one that says mural tv on it -RCA's hotel/ motel models were all mural tvs.
I've seen plenty of these remotes with 1, 2 or 5 rocker switches as seen here. The side button might control power only, channel only, or combine power and volume.