Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Stuck in the past!

I think they are. Don't see as many as i did about 4 years ago and prices range from 100-500 mostly. I paid $10 for a Zenith Allegro maybe 2 months ago.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Stuck in the past!

Still no luck.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Getting tougher to find these console stereos. The thrift stores don't like them because they take up to much space for the money they'll generate. Hopefully there's one out there w/your name on it. Also check out estate sales along w/the other suggestions posted.

Good hunting,
-Steve D.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTinkster92 View Post
Lots of console lovers in the Fisher Forum, seems as they are becoming popular again.

If so, I must say that it is about time, but like TVs a person's interests may lead to a home crammed with stuff that you cant even get to, or have the space to work on or practically use. I have to justify every purchase I make after messing with vintage electronics since I was about 12 up to 45 years of age as of midnight. I don't buy much anymore as I don't have the time and again space to work with it or use it AND I have brought a woman into the home which leads us into another whole realm of issues.

Again though if someone is willing to carry the weight of housing console stereos I am all for it. I always thought that there was a good, warm sound that was produced by many of these units with relatively low end electronics. It's the cabinet I think that does it. Then you have everything you need right there (unless you are worried about CDs or Ipods) without the spaghetti like mess of "RCA" ended cables. The down side would simply be, and always was size and as the 70s progressed people moved toward wanting individual components that they could replace individually or upgrade at will.

The BEST thing is nobody short of a wood craftsman can can make a fish tank out of it!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Stuck in the past!

Still looking. I talked to my cousin who's daughter was actually the one that got dads stereo. She said it got wet and started falling apart so they tossed it. Stupid $@&#!!
Audiokarma