Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Philco 37-610

Our DVHRC club (Kutztown) was contacted by a family looking to sell a 37-610 and it was forwarded to all our club members on our reflector. It was 5 miles from me and I called. It was a 80+ senior looking to downsize and he was so nice. The radio was his dads since new and he ran it all the time including now. Cloth is tired but presentable. I gave it a Novus #2 polish and fired it. It ran like new. I threw a LED lamp in place of the #47. Needed a long wire. No hum and all 3 bands work. All Philco tubes look original. Philco date codes are mysterious. One discolored knob. A little overpriced but it became a charity purchase as I told him it would not go to auction. I save small kittens too. He smiled.

And if you want a 1957 Chev a bit rodded up with floor trans, tach, wheels, let me know. Jay is selling his. Good body, interior and lots of trophy's since he bought it in 1991. No idea of price but I can check.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Philco.jpg (89.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 07-10-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: text add
Old 07-10-2018, 10:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very, very nice radio. It looks like you got a good price for it. I love my Philco.