Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2014, 12:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Built one in 1979 or so.

My wife and I built one in 1979 or so, but gave it away years ago. It worked fine and when it failed, I was able to remove each module and test it according to the assembly manual's instructions. They are fairly easy to test. Ours, as I recall, had no tubes - all integrated technology. It was a 25" color set that we installed into a large entertainment center cabinet I built. Served us well. I assume the picture tube will be the most challenging unit to replace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwriter825 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member and have been reading the postings and see that there are many enthusiasts of older style television sets.

Could you please offer some advice as I am at a loss for how to proceed since I really don't know much about old sets.

My parents assembled a Heathkit colored console TV. I think it was in the late 60's or maybe very early 70's. It is still in their basement, but has not worked for years.

Based on what I've been reading, there may be a market for either the whole TV or parts? If the tv can be repaired, recycled or used for parts we'd like to see that done rather than having it hauled away to the landfill.

I'd sure appreciate any ideas or thoughts on this TV. I found an image online that is the same model as theirs as I forgot to take a photo when I was at their house a few days ago. Thank you!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...tart=0&ndsp=37
Audiokarma