Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
When you say last and first tubes in the string that is rather vague...Better to refer to them by their functions: converter(AKA 1st detector), IF, Second detector/AVC/1st audio, audio output (at least that is what the line up would usually consist of in an average selenium powered AA4).

Quote:
Do you have any clip leads (that have small alligator clips on both ends)?
EDIT 08.15.2017
Yes and more and lots of solid state ( SS experience ) note my education futher down

Noting you must let ALL the tube heats cool B4 next power up lest you fry a tube or are stupid and lucky but the rest of it is 4 + decades OLD NEWS but the AA5 radio back then had bad LYITCS as I suspected the reason > AC hum much Much LOUDER than this RaDiO !

This hum is forward of of the DUAL TRIODE FIRST AUDIO /AVC 12AT7 PARALLEL WIRED DIODE PLATES or maybe 1st audio cntrl.grid if you happen to know what all that is

FWIW I was reading tube DATA and building projects (transformer powred ofc) out of RCA tube manual ref. designs we all used 4 decades before you were conceived & later getting proper EDUCATION

I dont mean a vocational certificate diploma mill or High school but >>>>>> Electronics and Solid State Engineering study but not tube radios there LOL .......maybe NIXI tubes on some counters or just to make something red hot explode or melt for a prank or some lessons but not many

TBH I was humoring you
4 NOS tubes and circt. parts arriving soon may fix all this while your sig trce Detector diode idea is very good and detailed
I am too to lazy ti gin up a proper circuit trace jimmy rig in an Altoids Tin ,with a diode DETECTOR probe capacitor uF like you say that can discern an AC hum ,an OP amp, a battery and buffer caps & whatever for a Ti PDIP- 8 op amp .

I have it covered note my edu. and now that I spent some-refresh- tine with the schematics ...I can read these old crude AA4-AA6 circt. diag.and figure them out ...........SRSLY they basically haven't changed outside of the the tube sockets since 1936 BTW
h

and thank you for your rely

full stop

Last edited by tubetwister; 08-15-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: tidy and update