Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2018, 08:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

New caretaker! Zenith 18CC30 color from 1972

Hello all!

I haven't been active here for its seems a few years... Yikes. I hadn't been able to take on any new projects due to a lack of space in our house. My wife's friend, her elderly aunt passed away and they are clearing out the house. I was asked if I wanted this 1972 Zenith TV chassis 18CC30 I said yes!! Tv's like this are not cheap and rare in Oregon and the fact I got this for free was amazing.

I initially thought this was going to be the infamous 4 tube hybrid and was blown away to see so many darn tubes! I used a flashlight to look inside and every tube is Zenith. I think this is a low hour TV set that was put in a back bedroom and not used much. TV works surprisingly well for having capacitors that are 44 years old. Grey scale is off, convergence is off a bit, but to be expected. I've already put 4 or 5 hours on it and it is literally an oven drawing 3 amps at the plug.

I paid 22 bucks to Sams for a digital copy of the schematic. The actual schematic portion is rubbish and washed out, I can't make any values out.

Is there anyone out there that can scan only the schematic portion from the photofact? Its set 1225 folder 3.

Thank you!
Matt Davala