Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Nipper Rules

Red face

Mustve been the most gratifying thing to be able to go over to a snow bank and pluck out the part you needed. I love when that kind of stuff happens, makes me feel like I may be on to something, holding on to spare parts that others might consider junk.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Ha! I use to do minor repairs on my old snowblower in the kitchen too.....
My old one has chain drive and sheer pins that would go if I hit something....
And points that would need cleaning if it sat outside, and I use to keep it outside, so first start was no fun....

Now they live in the garage.... But my old one, our first I found in the woods.... Nice tough machine....
I once chewed up a shovel handle cleaning the shoot. It's single stage all chain drive to auger, no safety stuff, If you walk around to the front and stick yer ------- into it, you'll be missing it.....

On the plus plus side It will cut tall grass, brush, little trees, larger saplings, grind stumps, remove speed bumps, and blow snow, Ice, throw rocks too.....

Last edited by Username1; 02-08-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Motorola Minion

Has anyone been able to avoid the fuel tank ethanol-enema your carburetor is downstream from? Using the fuel treatment and draining the bowl in spring (come on) doesn't seem to work. The 1998 Honda push mower really has trouble.

My two-stage snowblower is a 1996 funky MTD-clone called a snow-king, with a 5 HP Tecumseh.
Totally jammed up with gunk, I gave it the 2+2 (gumout, B12 etc) treatment and its back to work, after everything got a nice crust on it.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

There are a few stations around here that sell ethanol free 89 but I haven't been good about going by and buying a can of it. Costs about 40cents or more per gallon. My poor little Simplicity snow thrower hasn't been started in a couple years. Guess I should at least go out and try it. We really haven't had enough white stuff here to try it this season. I did test my old generator a few weeks ago. Took a lot of pulls but then it ran okay.

We have a waste oil heater at work. I think the boss said we started the winter with around a dozen drums but now are down to the last one. It has really started smoking/stinking, but not in the shop, just from the stack. Walking around in the parking lot, it smells worse than a refinery. Heavy sulfur sorta smell.

On better days I've still been taking the old fleet out. Took the 67 Impala out for Valentine's dinner and today we used the IH pickup, it hadn't been run for about 3 weeks. I've been letting my shoebox Ford run for a few minutes a week-I did take it out a couple weeks ago.

No yearly inspections here, and none at all on the older vehicles. That does get abused a lot. The one-time inspection on late model vehicles is very tough, though. We do them at work and a lot of cars just aren't worth fixing. Had a couple this week that needed over $1500 work to pass.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:08 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Ha! I use to do minor repairs on my old snowblower in the kitchen too.....
My old one has chain drive and sheer pins that would go if I hit something....
And points that would need cleaning if it sat outside, and I use to keep it outside, so first start was no fun....

Now they live in the garage.... But my old one, our first I found in the woods.... Nice tough machine....
I once chewed up a shovel handle cleaning the shoot. It's single stage all chain drive to auger, no safety stuff, If you walk around to the front and stick yer ------- into it, you'll be missing it.....

On the plus plus side It will cut tall grass, brush, little trees, larger saplings, grind stumps, remove speed bumps, and blow snow, Ice, throw rocks too.....
That ain't no snow blower that is a gasoline powered wolverine!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Not sure how I got here.

yah.... That thing is raw.....
Old 02-17-2014, 11:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

To the O.P.: I had a '64 Impala convertible and it was an amazing vehicle. Winter sucks when you have cool cars lying around!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Nipper Rules

I hear you Zenith, you believe this winter? Youre not too far away so you know what I am talking about. Ive got ice in the driveway that I don't think will be gone til May
Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 AM
Not sure how I got here.

When I go up the driveway or on my street in the little Prelude I feel like I'm in a bob sled. In the driveway it's over the top in the little turn around spot..... I'm sure some area malls the snow will be around till july....
Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

I work in a small business-zoned rural area. There is probably a 12-15ft tall mountain of plowed snow in our parking lot. I had to come in on Saturday, and here are a bunch of kids playing on that snow mountain. There are no houses for miles. Where did they come from? LOL.
Audiokarma
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

its melting here today, the first time in a month iv seen my solar panels ,back to some free electricity .
Old 02-19-2014, 11:32 PM
<----Zenith C845

Here in northeastern Ohio we were snowed on, but good, in the last few (!) storms. I live about a mile from the southern shore of Lake Erie, so it's a bit warmer here than it would be further inland, but still I had plenty of snow. I too have a large mound of plowed snow just down the road from me, but I haven't seen any kids playing in or on it. I'm not sure, but I think perhaps, just maybe, the village I live in could have an ordinance banning kids from playing in snow piles, especially those as big as the one I just mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if there were such an ordinance, as playing on such a large snow mound could be hazardous, dangerous or even fatal, especially when the snow freezes and becomes ice.

It's warming up here, too. The weather forecast on TV is calling for temperatures in the 50s in the next couple of days, so some of that snow will melt, although the same newscast talked about concerns over the possibility and even the likelihood of flooding once the snow starts melting.

Happens every year; ah, the joys (!) of living on the Great Lakes. I've lived in the region all my life (57 years) and still don't like it, but living in an apartment building at least I don't have to worry about shoveling snow.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
its melting here today, the first time in a month iv seen my solar panels ,back to some free electricity .
My solar panels help warm the house, so they get cleaned off first......