Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2019, 09:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Need Advice How to Move TRK-12 from CA to NC

Hello everyone,

Name here is Greg and I recently purchased a nice TRK-12 currently located about 50 miles north of San Diego, CA. The seller is a collector and is offering to help in preparing the set for a safe move. We have a little time to develop a plan and find a good mover to do the job. I need advice whether we should partially disassemble to pack some components individually or carefully stuff it full of moving blankets, etc. The seller told me when he originally purchased it they loaded it in back of a Toyota Tacoma for a 2 hour drive. He said only the picture tube inside had shifted a bit. He suggested: "if the cavity around the tube was stuffed with bubble wrap, it should be good enough. If it goes in a van or small truck, strapped down would be adequate. In a moving truck. It should be crated. I can do either and send you pics when it leaves" he says.

Also, I need advice on how to select a good moving company or individual for something like this. Has anyone here already gone through this?

My plans for the TRK-12 is just to protect it and learn what I can about it and probably become a member of the ETF.

Thanks in advance!
Greg

RCA TRK-12.jpg