Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here's what I do.
The next you change your oil, save it and "paint" it all over the underside of the vehicle.
You'll need a 4" wide paintbrush. Its a messy job so wear some old clothes.
If you get it on the exhaust system, it will burn off.
The plus side is that it saves the chassis and you only have to do it every couple of years. Good luck!
Old 04-04-2023, 10:51 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4rca View Post
Here's what I do.
The next you change your oil, save it and "paint" it all over the underside of the vehicle.
You'll need a 4" wide paintbrush. Its a messy job so wear some old clothes.
If you get it on the exhaust system, it will burn off.
The plus side is that it saves the chassis and you only have to do it every couple of years. Good luck!
Good to drive over a dirt road immediately after doing that. The dust will mix with the oil and form a oily sludge that's harder to wash off than the oil alone...that stuff, if it builds up thick enough, can protect cars for decades.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 04-07-2023, 10:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well I will actually be getting a new vehicle after all.

There was a hail storm in the town where I work and the hail storm dropped 1" Hail balls by the bucket loads for about 5 minutes and the hail damaged my car pretty badly (it didn't damage the glass but it did damage the hood and roof of the car pretty badly) it was still "drivable" but when I submitted the hail damage to the insurance they ended up totaling the car out (which I figured they would) and I ended up getting $6,033 from them for the car.

So now I will be getting a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L which that money (and what I've already saved up which was almost $1,000) will almost completely pay off the car (my aunt is buying the car for me and I have to pay her back for it, and I'll just give her the money I got from the insurance from my Subaru and what I already saved up to go towards paying her off.)
Old 04-07-2023, 11:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post

There was a hail storm in the town where I work and the hail storm dropped 1" Hail balls by the bucket loads for about 5 minutes and the hail damaged my car pretty badly (it didn't damage the glass but it did damage the hood and roof of the car pretty badly) it was still "drivable" but when I submitted the hail damage to the insurance they ended up totaling the car out (which I figured they would) and I ended up getting $6,033 from them for the car.

So now I will be getting a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L which that money (and what I've already saved up which was almost $1,000) will almost completely pay off the car (my aunt is buying the car for me and I have to pay her back for it, and I'll just give her the money I got from the insurance from my Subaru and what I already saved up to go towards paying her off.)
It looks like Mother Nature worked in your favor! Does the home you just bought have a garage so you can protect your newer ride?
There sure has been a bunch of strange weather patterns lately! The same thing happened in southern Wi and parts of IL.
Old 04-08-2023, 02:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
It looks like Mother Nature worked in your favor! Does the home you just bought have a garage so you can protect your newer ride?
There sure has been a bunch of strange weather patterns lately! The same thing happened in southern Wi and parts of IL.
Unfortunately my house doesn't have a garage anymore (that is if it ever one to begin with) so I'm just going to have to get a carport to install on the side of my house (where my driveway is which is an old concrete driveway that is starting to sink into the ground/fall apart.)
Audiokarma
Old 04-07-2023, 03:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post

Why can't I get lucky like this? lol.

Glad everything worked out for you.