Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I love old stuff

Talking How your passion began?

My pasion got what wi'll call a "long story". But le me begin with begining. My grandfather had untill a few years ago an Soviet tv set "Rubin 102" manufactured in 1959 (the set lays in my uncle's yard in the countryside); my grandfather also owns an East-German (G.D.R.) (D.D.R.) "Ilmenau Super 66/55 W" bakelite radio (the radio haves no variable capacitor!!!, it works with a bobine!!!). My grandmother had an '50's "Victoria S571A" Romanian radio in her celler. I got the radio, but I it remaind unrepaird for 2-3 yeras; I can say that keept my pasion for old radios alive.
For a time I quit the passion for the tubes in the favour of the passion for the streetcars (trolleycars); but in the menaing time I became more intrested in F.M. tube radios. After a time, when my interess in streetcars began to sunshine, and my passion for the tubes ti sunrinse again. I found in an antyquites shop a East-German radio "Stradivari 3" with F.M. on 87.5-100 Mhz at the price at aprox.
2.000.000 lei (aporx 62 $) but that was to expensive to me (the today Romanian minium sallary is 2.800.000 lei-80 $, then was 2.500.000 lei). After a while I found a "Capri" East-German radio, with FM on 66-73 Mhz, but Stereo. The guy asked 3.000.000 lei (aprox. 90 $) on it. I beg my mother to give me money to buy it, but she refused. After a while I went to video-audio repair shop, to ask if they have a picture tube for the "Rubin" tv set. There, I saw a Soviet "Belarus 59" radiogram. I ask the guy that eas there I he sell it (I the radio it'll be cheper). He told me that the radiogram was there to be repaird, and he asked me if I don't want another radio in stand. The other radio was a... Capri. He asked 400.000 lei plus the cost of the repair. Finally, it cost me 600.000 lei, and the radio is WOW! form all points of wiew.
In the same week I found a "Rekord" Soviet tv set that I saw in an photo album of Bucharest. It cost me 500.000 lei (includng the "home delvery"), but in wasn't so old (it was maufactured in 1956 how the guy told me, it was manufactured in 1958),and the sound didn;t work. I had to put TRANZISTORS ot it. Guess I'm not so lucky with the tv sets.
Unfotrtnely, mu mum is not pleased wih my passion. Several times she threat me that she'll dump them.