Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2023, 12:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Purity issues on a HP MX70 Monitor

I got pretty lucky getting this unit from Ebay; they seem to be pretty rare in the U.K.

Works perfectly fine apart from the fact that I have all colours at 90/100 and there seems to be some orange/red tint in most of the screen. However, what irks me the most is that it seems to be more exaggerated on the right hand side of the screen. I've used the built-in degausser a billion times to no avail and I've turned down the red using the monitor's OSD to 70, leaving the other colours at 90 which actually seems to help but obviously is kind of a brute force 'fix'.

The issue seems to present itself most noticeably when displaying whites and greys.

I struggle to get photographs because my phone craps itself when it sees a pure white screen, but if needed I can try if anybody needs it for diagnosis. I honestly just want to know what the issue is and if there's a non-invasive fix that won't end up with me frying my nervous system. If not, I'd just be happy to get closure on what I'm dealing with and live with it.

Cheers!