Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-31-2019, 05:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Obsolete video cameras...Mattel Vidster

My other vice behind old tv's, battery radios, and vintage VCR's are obsolete video cameras like the early RCA CCxxx series, and the Indextron viewfinder series. Watch out for the IR filter behind the lens going to crystal crud if you want an early color CC series. Unscrew the lens to look for the crud. And 70's Beta cameras of any sort.

And this little gem I found at GW today. An original Mattel Vidster camera
from 2005. Batteries only. USB download. LCD screen. Minimal menu. New batteries and a reset button push got it going.
$7.

The still pix are much better and a wider native zoom. 32meg onboard memory. 512m only upgrade via SD card. Anyone have a spare 512m card to sell to me?

The video is fair at 320x240. Stills are better but not by much. It appears to constantly white balance and digital iris on the fly. 2x only zoom. White balance in sunlight is ok. Shadow areas are very blue.

It is the Barbiecam for kids. Simple and cheap in the day. $70 before they cashed out. Now a cult camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vidster1.jpg (36.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg vidster2.jpg (37.8 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 08-31-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo