Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sony HD CRT set in PA

If anyone on the east coast wants to have a Sony CRT HD set, give this a try. It's just SE of Harrisburg, PA. $99 starting bid. BIN at $399. Once you get past the 200 pounds you are set. This is the one to have. Factory pix is all the seller shows but the description sounds good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=270952425707

It is the KD-34XBR960, the finest...and only...HD pix I have ever seen on a CRT. It is Sony's only CRT version with their Superfine Pitch computer CRT and a ATSC/NTSC tuner built-in. They had a few others in the monitor only style, but none with this combination. 2004 vintage.

Imagine HD in real phosphor colors and not a cold-cathode lamp light shining through a large LED watch display. The tuner will still do the in-the-clear that most cable systems still transmit. You get all the local over-the-air with a bunch of sub channels and some shopping channels. Or you can use your antenna for off-air. Good enough for mine. Full HDMI if you want to use your cable box or Blu-ray.

I bought the Blu-ray of Ben-Hur and it is as if I had never seen the movie before on my XBR960. Netflix looks great.

Get it and be a lone visionary of things past. See all of you at ETF in May.

Last edited by Dave A; 04-12-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: text