Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

1986 RCA Console Television

I recently hooked up to Dish Network. They had to use an RF Modulator to hookup my tv up to the satellite coax cable. When I am viewing certain commercials with white letters on a black background my set wants to wobble the lettering. Also, you can see a faint white stripe across the screen during these commercials. It doesn't do it on tv shows. Also, sometimes the color of red on advertisement or lets say they show red on the weather channel map I can seek the color waving a little. This is only with the color of red. Doesn't do it on normal tv shows at all.

Also, when I use my converter box for antenna tv I have to run the tv on Ch#4 and not #3 as when I go through the channels the channel numbers will wobble like as described above. Also, does it sometimes during the clues on the show Jeopardy if you are using Ch#3 instead of Ch#4.

I also can't use a certain brand of converter box on my Tv as when I hook it up it causes red and Green stripes that are waving in the background of my picture. This then distorts the picture and is very noticeable if you are viewing something with a dark background.

I also can sometimes get a shadow or outline kinda like ghosting on my picture that I am viewing especially something that is white or red.

I am open to any advice anyone might have.

Last edited by Console User; 06-26-2014 at 09:12 PM.