Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Installing 4 channel amp behind 1979 radio.

I have a 1979 Dodge Magnum and would like to retain the OEM AM/FM/CB radio which functions well, but the old speakers cannot keep up with road noise when the T-tops are removed. I'm not an audio snob, I'm only interested in more (clear) volume. Keeping the stock radio is important. I've already replaced the speakers and run new wiring.#

They are heavy 6x9 Pioneer coaxial speakers for the rear and some Rockford Fosgate #3.5" for the front. (They were removed from something I parted out long ago.)

I just purchased a Dual 400w 4-channel amp. It has high-level, signal sensing inputs. ‎Each of the four channels has +/- inputs, which use two supplied harnesses, presumably front/rear). A wire in the middle of each of these, between the +/- wires, is labeled "common ground".#

The radio has a + wire for each of the 4-channels, but just one for negative, which I believe must have gone to body sheetmetal eventually, since the factory speakers only work when attached to the body.#

How would you wire the input of this amp? #