Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question Doctor Sony

Hi,
Does anyone have experience with Doctor Sony (doctorsony)? They are a service center, have an online website/store and also sell restored video machines and cameras on eBay. I'm just trying to find out (from people who have used their services or bought their refurbished products) if doctorsony's claims of being "Sony's Finest Master Tech" who does "meticulous" work is true or are they just an over-hyped typical seller who does shoddy work? I don't know, that's why I ask if any of you audio / video aficionados (and techs) have any first hand experience either buying or having something repaired by this seller and closely inspecting their work. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Not sure how big of a business they are, but if you do a Google Map Search, the address comes back to a house, not a commercial building.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yeah, I think that he mentions, in one of his auctions, that he is a former Sony tech back when they were doing analog machines in the 80's. From the looks of it, he might be just a retired tech doing those repairs/restorations..