Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

WARCI MAD-CITY meet, Oct 14

I'm not planning to make it tomorrow. It's such a PITA to get there form where I live, having to go through the small towns before I get to HWY 151. I tried plotting out a different route but no alternative was any better.
Other than that, it's a good meet! I know you guys are going to miss me! NOTTT!
Old 10-13-2018, 10:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, Dave, you will be missed.

A lot of us attend regularly from long distances. I head down from the Appleton area, and a lot of people come up from Illinois. An advantage of this meeting over the Milwaukee ones is that it brings in different buyers and sellers that don't travel to our Milwaukee meets.

For everyone planning on going, it's going to be a bit chilly. Remember, this Madison location is primarily an outdoor meet. Everyone, dress warm!

https://madison.craigslist.org/atq/6700003294.html

Vintage electronics swap meet in Madison October 14th

Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet
http://warci.org/

General Meet Information
Street parking is available. There is no charge for admission!

The gate opens for buyers and sellers at 8:00 AM. The swap will end by 11:00AM. This will be an indoor/outdoor meet with limited indoor space. Indoor space is limited to 2 tables (or equivalent space) per seller.

As typical of most swap meets, the items are for sale by individual collectors, and most are one-of-a-kind. So for best selection (and the best deals), BE EARLY! But please stay around and get to meet some of the club members. These swap meets are a great way to connect with other local collectors that share your interests. By socializing at the meets you can find others that may have what you are looking for, radios & parts, people that can service your radios, and you can make some good friends.

Swap tables are $7 for WARCI members, and $10 for non-members. WARCI does not provide tables, so it is recommended that you bring your own table or tarp.

Meet Address:
3610 Lexington Ave, Madison, WI 53714

For breakfast, WARCI recommends the Fair Oaks Diner, at 44 South Fair Oaks Avenue. To get to the diner from the meet, head West on Lexington Avenue until you reach Fair Oaks Avenue, then turn Left. The diner is 0.9mi down the road on the right.

For more information please go to www.warci.org

Last edited by WISCOJIM; 10-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
Yes, Dave, you will be missed.

A lot of us attend regularly from long distances. I head down from the Appleton area, and a lot of people come up from Illinois. An advantage of this meeting over the Milwaukee ones is that it brings in different buyers and sellers that don't travel to our Milwaukee meets.

For everyone planning on going, it's going to be a bit chilly. Remember, this Madison location is primarily an outdoor meet. Everyone, dress warm!

https://madison.craigslist.org/atq/6700003294.html

Vintage electronics swap meet in Madison October 14th

Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet
http://warci.org/

General Meet Information
Street parking is available. There is no charge for admission!

The gate opens for buyers and sellers at 8:00 AM. The swap will end by 11:00AM. This will be an indoor/outdoor meet with limited indoor space. Indoor space is limited to 2 tables (or equivalent space) per seller.

As typical of most swap meets, the items are for sale by individual collectors, and most are one-of-a-kind. So for best selection (and the best deals), BE EARLY! But please stay around and get to meet some of the club members. These swap meets are a great way to connect with other local collectors that share your interests. By socializing at the meets you can find others that may have what you are looking for, radios & parts, people that can service your radios, and you can make some good friends.

Swap tables are $7 for WARCI members, and $10 for non-members. WARCI does not provide tables, so it is recommended that you bring your own table or tarp.

Meet Address:
3610 Lexington Ave, Madison, WI 53714

For breakfast, WARCI recommends the Fair Oaks Diner, at 44 South Fair Oaks Avenue. To get to the diner from the meet, head West on Lexington Avenue until you reach Fair Oaks Avenue, then turn Left. The diner is 0.9mi down the road on the right.

For more information please go to www.warci.org

Did any of our friends get anything of interest at the meet.
Sorry, I misspelled from, from my first post!
Old 10-15-2018, 10:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Did any of our friends get anything of interest at the meet.
Well, I went with the goal of just helping with the club tables setup, the meet & greet, and the donation auction. And trying not to be tempted into buying anything. I was successful in meeting all my goals.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:22 PM
M is for Memory

I got a Philco cathedral, Bakelite 3 band Crosley, green early 60's RCA TV, Zenith SVHS deck and some other odds and ends. Sold every radio I brought (but none of my HiFi moved) except for a Motorola table model and that Philco console I keep bringing. I bought less volume than I sold and managed to turn a profit...All marks of a good successful fall meet in my book.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

I did well: Sold more than I bought, both in terms of volume and value, and picked up that nice 13" Zenith Chromacolor II with the SC100 remote I posted about in the solid state forum. I seem to always both buy and sell more at the Madison meets vs. the Milwaukee ones.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I did well: Sold more than I bought, both in terms of volume and value, and picked up that nice 13" Zenith Chromacolor II with the SC100 remote I posted about in the solid state forum. I seem to always both buy and sell more at the Madison meets vs. the Milwaukee ones.
Your interests or more into televisions than old radios.
The Milwaukee meet is themed more toward old radios and HI-FI equipment.