Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
No time for this hobby

I finally have part of a schematic in this post. What a pain. Adobe is what makes it difficult. I printed out a PDF and rescanned it and attached it as a JPEG.
scan0001.jpg

Here is the area around the transformer. If someone else has something else they think might cause eratic resistance and eratic voltage on pins 1 and 5 on V 15 and V 18(only) respectitively, I'm all ears.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM
No time for this hobby

In regards to the previous problem several days ago where I referred to the Horizontal output I'm still thinking somethings not quite right. This tube is V20 just to the left of the Flyback which is just to the left of the Rectifier & Damper tubes. The resistance on pin 1 is 200K it should be Infinite. R121 is mounted to pin 1 and per the notes R121 is a 220k Resistor not 470K in this application. Also Pin 5 is low about that same 200K. Whats making it difficult is the Optional width relay as shown in the second attachment. I replaced the 560 MMF cap C94 and the 47 ohm R120 tests fine. I don't think R121 should be there but where should it go? Whats making it difficult for me is the Variable capacitor shown as the Horiz Drive. Resistance readings are different on each side by close to that same 200K. Please also take a look at the Optional width Adjustment on the next attachment too it does take precedence when the two conflict. This circuit just starts to intermix with this in that area. Any suggestions would be helpful.
scan0002.jpg
I'm sorry the width adjustment is above in the previous post.
Thanx
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 AM
No time for this hobby

You know the resolution sucks on these. If interested I can email the whole Sams PDF. Its only about 8 MB. I couldn't figure out how to download it here.