Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

well i capped the section that runs verticle, horizontal, hv, and still no horiz deflection or crt heater voltage. i applied 3v to the crt heater and it glows so thats ok so now i will change the horiz deflection controller ic. got nothing to loose but time. although it does have some hv, 2kv but dont know what its supposed to be, i would think it wont be much more for a 1 inch crt.

Last edited by timmy; 11-09-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
With no horizontal....I'm surprised you have HV (and 2K on a 1" set sounds about right if I had to just guess). I forgot who, but someone around here was floating around with a SAMS or at least some schematics for this 1010 set. I almost asked him for a copy.

Last edited by AiboPet; 11-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

well it looks to me that the crt heater wires come from the flyback so unlees the drive is low due to a bad ic, i dont know but it would be cool to get this thing running.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Probly won't be too much drama as long as you don't hamfist the little flexi circuits like I did. This is NOT the sort of set to get impatient with (EXACTLY what I did when I got it to go and suddenly nothing when I put it together again). There IS a 1010 schematic or SAMs being offered by one of the users here. If I could remember who it was...he'd likely just email it to you.

I was gonna ask him for a copy...but it would likely lead me to get back into the little thing (I have TWO now...both not working), and it's not really a fun set to work on....but they are fun to have running :-)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

wow that would be great to have a copy to figure this out..
Audiokarma
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Are you sure that all the traces are intact? It is very difficult to do a point to point continuity test on those circuit boards. I completely recapped the main board on mine, and was confident that I repaired all the traces, when the ribbon cable tore completely off - now it is living in a scrap parts junk drawer. I saved the CRT as part of my CRT collection. I bought a replacement unit in excellent physical condition, but not working condition, as a placeholder for my collection. I will not be attempting to repair another 1 of these again.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi to All,

I proposed the 1010 manual to Aibopet - no reply.

For those you want it, give me your Mail by PM.

File is a 4 meg pdf.

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc17 View Post
Why dont you run over that with the lawnmower and ill send you a watchman. I have a few floating around here somewhere with spots teams logos printed on them.
What am I ever going to do with all this junk!
You can get a BT modulator going on a good homemade antenna and take the micro tv outside when you have your ciggyclogger.

I get 500' of coverage easy with my modulator and antenna on a watchman.
well when i get tired of trying to get it going ill try the lawnmower,lol. and what you should do with all your junk is what dont work you should get going including these little tvs,b@w or color much harder then the tube sets but im sure you can get them going. this 1 inch tv is weird i have never seen a crt as small as this but it would be funning to get a pic on it. and besides if i get it going i just have to clip a 75-300 trans to it and laugh at it while im watching spongebob, lol,lol. well it has clear sound so thats not a problem so im thinking if it has sound then hopefully the video is there for when i get the crt to light or whatever the problem is. and btw i put a new video tube in the maggie but it didnt really brighten it up so maybe ill take it apart and sell off the parts , ahhh, such as life with tvs. and what you should do with stuff or junk is send it to someone that will take care of it or use it.

Last edited by timmy; 11-10-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post

well when i get tired of trying to get it going ill try the lawnmower,lol. and what you should do with all your junk is what dont work you should get going including these little tvs,b@w or color much harder then the tube sets but im sure you can get them going. this 1 inch tv is weird i have never seen a crt as small as this but it would be funning to get a pic on it. and besides if i get it going i just have to clip a 75-300 trans to it and laugh at it while im watching spongebob, lol,lol. well it has clear sound so thats not a problem so im thinking if it has sound then hopefully the video is there for when i get the crt to light or whatever the problem is. and btw i put a new video tube in the maggie but it didnt really brighten it up so maybe ill take it apart and sell off the parts , ahhh, such as life with tvs. and what you should do with stuff or junk is send it to someone that will take care of it or use it.
Naw dont give up on or part the maggie. One at a time timmy. Fix the one inch one then take a break then work on the maggi.
Its the challenge of fixing the crap more than anything, im like that too. I only have fun disposing of these modern plastic sets I still find 1-2 of each week.
I would love to see some pictures of the inside of the set you are working on.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

na ok i wont part with the maggie, but this is what im working on and its like brain surgery so small but i think i know whats wrong here. and i did get the schematic from the other member and its a big help. ill know today if its a done fixed deal. and much to my surprise this crt requires 4700kv for proper operation which seems like alot for this size crt,wow.

Last edited by timmy; 01-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalphen View Post
Hi to All,

For those you want it, give me your Mail by PM.
I sent you a message. Thank you for offering the TR-1010 manual!

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

well i got the horiz deflection running and got 4700kv at the crt and 550 volts for focus only now i dont have verticle all i have is a line across the screen but i think i damaged the verticle deflection processor by probing and i think i touched 2 terminals and shorted it or the short was there when the diode went bad and now it shows since the horiz is running . now the verticle ic gets hot on the ic where there is voltage at the pin that should not have what it does. i subbed the focus diode for one i have but im going to put a 1n4007 which i think is 1000v 1a. this circuit supplys alot more then i thought being this diode was bad i had nothing. i located an electronics joint in la that has this verticle ic so i might as well just do it and get it over with. for anyone that wants to work on these little sets had better think twice because it is extremly difficult to get around inside without any wires breaking off or trying not to move the ribbons around. the ribbon already broke and i repaired it.

Last edited by timmy; 01-19-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Let's face it- Americans, w/our ham-hock sized hands, just AREN'T sposed to be able to work on these tiny things..ESPECIALLY if you're like Moi, have had a Stroke, & have a good deal of Good Ol' Unca Arthur in yer hands to boot...(grin)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

lmao, yea i am an auto tech and big hands dont go with this little stuff.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
This model is so prevalent on EBay, it's far easier and cheaper to get a working model on EBay. Of course I appreciate the fascination, challenge and couriosty to dig into the works of these tiny televisions. Just ask the seller the apprioate questions to verify the set is working.

I say this with the understanding that I pocess virtually no skills in television repair. :-)