Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sencore cr 145 crt tester setup manual pdf

Hello all,

I am having no luck finding the setup data on this unit that I bought (like an idiot). I say this as I have reduced my vintage TV collection down to 5 sets and for the most part I don't really need a device to tell me when a tube is bad. I still find the unit interesting and may actually use it a few times. The whole concept of rejuvenation is pretty new to me, so if I can get the setup data the unit will possibly prove to be of some use.

If anyone here has this data in digital format it would be greatly appreciated if you will share it with me.

Best Regards,

Greg

Tubejunke
Old 09-03-2016, 04:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Might try this, a poster on ARF posted a link to Sencore 143 jpgs, might be similar to 145, don't know, never saw a 145.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/...p?f=8&t=178964

jr
Old 09-03-2016, 09:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK thanks man. & my "bad" it is a CR 143. Duh! Either way I had done searches on the correct number yesterday and never saw anything. The bad part is I sent an information request to Sencore today with the wrong number. I will check that link out.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Might try this, a poster on ARF posted a link to Sencore 143 jpgs

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/...p?f=8&t=178964

jr
This is a big help in providing the G1 and G2 settings that the instructions provided inside the instrument's cover references. However there is no mention of how to use the remove shorts and rejuvenation features which I am not going to experiment with personally. Again though this was a big help and many thanks. I can get the original instruction manuals on Praybay and may have to go that route. I was trying to keep the cost factor down to a minimum of course and the normally available pdfs are easier to keep up with.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just an update: I ended up getting the correct documentation from praybay for another $10. It helped, or helped me confirm that for whatever reason the line adjustment function is not working properly. It's working, but not showing on the meter. Also, I found a huge 2 section cap inside separate from the power supply lytics, but with one side getting warm. I disconnected it and jumped in another cap and the unit didn't perform any differently. Really, it probably helped some function that I wasn't using.

Again, I personally was an idiot for even getting the thing as I mentioned in the first post. Simply because I didn't REALLY need it and I now have another piece of test equipment that needs some sort of repair to make it do it's job. Honestly, I thought that it was new enough to not to have problems such as bad caps. so it was really meant to be a toy to try out on the few crts that I have. Either way after a few tests it probably would have ended up in the "hardly ever used" equipment pile. It is well built and clean as a whistle. Perhaps someone here is in need of something like this for regular use and I can ship it to them.

I am probably lucky that my venture didn't work out since one c.r.t. that I may have tried it on would have been my Zenith "roundie" tube. I have heard that you can ruin a good tube with certain functions on these testers. Glad I didn't find out.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, second update: Having made statements about being tired of fixin' my fixin' stuff AND due to the fact that I have little practical use for this unit, I am going to let it go either as a whole unit or to part.

The reason I was so worried about finding proper documentation on this (before plugging it into anything other than a junk Jap mini crt I keep around almost as a conversation piece these days) was that the instructions placed on the inside of the lid are far from what it takes to operate one of these. So I have all original documentation if anyone is in need. Everything about it is real clean and damage free.

The electrical issues at first were simply that the Line adjustment didn't work. I still don't know anything other than it isn't the potentiometer. When I cracked it open I found a huge electrolytic that was running warm and found that one of the two sections was leaking badly. Even with that going on the rest of the functions were working to some degree at least. I tried a good cap and it made no outward difference, but I never tried things that may be more of a current demand on the unit like rejuvenation etc.

Anyway, if someone has interest in this just PM me or post here. Many thanks!