Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Still running my 2000 Mac Pismo on OS 9.2 with Final Cut Pro 1.25 in my obsolete format dubbing center. I try to ignore how much I paid for this rig in 2000. Great for copying VHS/3/4"/8mm/HI8mm/Laserdisc analog formats to Quicktime if needed via a Sony DVMC2 converter. Otherwise direct to DVD. All my MiniDV tapes go through the Sony FW port to the Pismo. Pismo is boosted to 1gig RAM but still on the 10gig factory drive for the OS. An added 30gig drive lives in one of the expansion slots if I need to play from the Pismo. Firewire to outboard drives gives me the storage space for bigger files. Now I just copy to memory sticks for clients.

Picked up another Pismo for the internet. OS 10.44.

And I have an old Compac laptop with 98 laying around just in case I need to move floppy files or power up my Snappy frame grab. I got it at Kutztown for $1. Lots of fun to watch it do a defragment.

In the attic is a 1986 Mac Plus with the outboard HD and canvas carry bag. I need the Mac OS discs (some kind of double-sided disc and propritary I think) to boot it again.

Last edited by Dave A; 06-19-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: text
Old 07-30-2014, 12:25 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
In the attic is a 1986 Mac Plus with the outboard HD and canvas carry bag. I need the Mac OS discs (some kind of double-sided disc and propritary I think) to boot it again.
Nope, just ordinary double-sided, double density 3.5" disks. I have a sealed box of those just because ya never know when they'll be needed.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Some info here about using 800K & 1.4M disks in early Macs:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA29947?viewlocale=en_US
jr