Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Administrator

There's a reason NTSC was nicknamed Never The Same Color twice.

This was a common issue going from Station to Station back in the days of Broadcast TV.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
There's a reason NTSC was nicknamed Never The Same Color twice.

This was a common issue going from Station to Station back in the days of Broadcast TV.
That's the joke I made last night when trying to live stream playing some old video games.. I had to keep changing the tint, and I do remember saying that "Never the same color!!".

There's gotta be a way to make a circuit that shifts the color burst signal slightly. I'm hoping that simply shifting the color burst is all it'd take to correct the tint. Saturation or anything else I don't care, I just want the tint looking right. something I can manually set per input, to some "reference" which would be my TV at "0".
Old 08-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Aw geez, another "something is wrong, but I aint giving any clue as to what Brand or model of TV we're dealing with.....

'Tis a Secret?

Some of us have RESOURCES to help, but you gotta give us some meat on the bone.....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:57 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
There's gotta be a way to make a circuit that shifts the color burst signal slightly.
I see you have discovered that there is such a device, but it's not cheap or simple! The problem is that you need to shift the phase of the burst without shifting the phase of the chroma. No simple circuit can do that. It has to be gated to work only during the burst, and that means it also has to be synchronized to the input, and so, as I said, it needs to be a video proc (processing) amp.

There is one fishy thing here, though, and that is that all your sets behave the same (is this exactly true? or is the amount of error different?). The same magnitude of error on all sets could indicate that the effect is not due to chroma frequency (which you would expect to produce an error in the same direction but different amounts in different sets), but could actually be due to burst phase errors in your sources. This conceivably could be fixed if you could get into the right place in each source hardware and adjust the burst phase. However, if that adjustment is fixed somewhere internal to an IC in the device, you are out of luck.

Last edited by old_tv_nut; 08-26-2017 at 11:04 PM.