Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

still trying

? still trying

dawgs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 009.jpg (33.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 010.jpg (33.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by dawgs; 03-12-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: don't ask me how I diid-it.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

don't ask me how I did it, with the pictures<?. anyhow, you were right about the scrambled signals, used too pick-up loacl station withe piece of wire,. some where in the upside down and sideways pictures, I was able to see an picture on the philco set,. with cable hook-up. sound would even be better. one thing at a time.

dawgs.

oh yeh! I'm on page three.

Last edited by dawgs; 03-12-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: missed some message content.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 AM
AK Member

Check your PM
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

adobe something problem

Predictanoob, I can't seem too open the file downloads you gave me. there seems to be something called adobe problems, besides that, I've had three complete computor system crashes, yesterday, I finally got a dell optiplex up & running. , I lost the file downloads that you sent me, maybe could you send them again, hopefully this computor will let me see the shcematic downloads.

thankyou again, dawgs
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

new project?

good evening everybody, how goe's things?. I have a new project?. your probly thinking?, he always has a new project that he's working on?. thing is, I don't have all the fancey eqwipment to test all of my new toy's that I rescue frome file 13,. anyhow, I'd like too get this one up & running. not sure about all the tubes' and there funtions in this set?.

dawgs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (88.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (73.9 KB, 34 views)
Audiokarma
Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Nice old Transceiver, it probably needs some new filter caps just like an old TV.

I think you would get a better response for help if it was posted in the Antique Radio Forum though, would you like me to move it there?

We also have a Forum for "Hams" you might want to check out before trying to operate that thing, I don't know much at all about Ham Radio but you might need to check on licenses (if any) required to operate it.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

the ham radio project

good evening everybody, I've done a lot of tube replacements on the ham radio, the resultsare the same., on the usb & the lsbd, things are the same,. when a station comes in, there's a sqweal,. I can tune it in until the sqweal stops, but there is nothing there. am I doing something wrong, as per instrutions, I've put the set into the mode for the up & stating mode,. is there something I'm doing wrong?.

please addvise me thank-you.

dawgs
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
I don't have all the fancey eqwipment to test all of my new toy's that I rescue frome file 13,. anyhow, I'd like too get this one up & running.
Dawgs, you know, you don't really need much of any "fancey eqwipment" when it comes to troubleshooting vintage electronics equipment. The main thing that you need is a working knowledge of how to properly measure voltage, resistance, and current (amperes). After you achieve that, all you really need is a modern digital VOM, and what a lot of techs refer to as an "amp clamp." These things, like most technology, have become so cheap to produce that you can get fairly decent stuff these days for not a lot of money. Your average VOM will have the capability of measuring current (amperes), but current must be measured in SERIES with the part of the circuit to be tested, which boils down to breaking a connection somewhere and connecting the meter probes at the break. Why do this when you can get a clamp type meter and effortlessly check your current. The main thing I want to stress is that ALL meters can be VERY dangerous, if not fatal of improperly used. If you are in doubt ASK someone!

Other than a meter, a tube tester is completely necessary and can amazingly be found used for reasonable prices considering the fact that without one, a person into vintage electronics is about a crippled as he could possibly be. I mean it's the same as any job; certain tools are just necessary, and all of the knowledge in the world is useless without the right tools. That is unless you are of the eccentric variety that can just pay some lucky tech to revamp your toys with a blank check.

So we still are not looking at anything fancy or expensive. However, if you REALLY get deep into the trade or hobby you might decide to tackle alignment jobs and the need for more expensive equipment becomes necessary, ie. signal generators and oscilloscopes. The beauty is that you can have a lot of fun with vintage electronics and hardly ever find the need to touch these items. I do encourage anyone in this hobby to learn the ins and outs of scopes and the alignment of signals. I say this because the garden variety TV and Radio professional is getting older and thinning out. Soon there could be very few people in the country who have the knowledge to do more than swapping tubes, resistors, and capacitors, etc. I myself am going to try to enhance my knowledge of waveforms (more than sine and square waves) AND get the necessary tools for alignments.

Good luck with your projects!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

been away for a while, but, I have something new for yous too figure-out, got it out-of a scrap plie at file-13 again as usually,..

tans

Last edited by dawgs; 10-27-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot pictures.