Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Motorola tube Tuner/Pre-amp

I scored one of these for 10 bucks on Sunday. Its an AM/FM/FM stereo radio with controls for AFC, tone, balance, and loudness(volume) in a small wood cabinet, but theres no internal speaker. Its only got RCA out's for plugging into a power amp. I cleaned it up and it sounds great! Anyone have one of these puppies? Mine says 'FM Stereophonic' on the front and it looks like a vintage Marantz tube tuner.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm not familiar with how a Marnatz tube tuner looks; but, does your Motorola have two round dials for AM and FM? I had a Motorola console like that, complete with EM84 tuning eye. I think the amp used 6V6's n push-pull. Mine had some sort fo reverb feature, that I never used. The tuner was fairly sensitive and the amp and sperkers sounded good. Someone "antiqued" the cabinet in that green w/ brown streaks that looked like s**t smeared all over it finish! I think the cabinet was built by Drexel and was probably a pretty cabinet before someone ruined it.