Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:08 PM
The Resident Brony

I still think that mechanic is a clown. Go somewhere else.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I still think that mechanic is a clown. Go somewhere else.
I would but there aren't many reputable garages near me that aren't run by Hispanics...

So yeah, I may have to just take it to a Buick dealer or else just have my dad help me do the work.

As for the recall, I would be taking to a dealer to have the recall work done. By the way, how is it that dealers can tell whether or not your car has had any recall repair work done to your car or not? I've always wondered about that because my car I had bought it from a dealer that wasn't a Buick dealer, and the dealership that sent me the recall notice was a dealership that I've never taken the car to before and I don't think that the previous owners ever dealt with them either...
Old 03-06-2017, 11:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
I would but there aren't many reputable garages near me that aren't run by Hispanics...
Oh, that is so lame...

So what's wrong with the reputable garages near you that are run by Hispanics? Do you really think your car cares who works on it?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
Oh, that is so lame...

So what's wrong with the reputable garages near you that are run by Hispanics? Do you really think your car cares who works on it?

I probably worded that wrong all of the non-reputable shops include the ones run by Hispanics.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I probably worded that wrong all of the non-reputable shops include the ones run by Hispanics.
Exhaust work is extremely simple, it does not require an advanced tech degree. I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I doubt that all those "Hispanic" service centers don't have English speaking people working there, or they'd soon be out of business. I think you are talking out of a biased personal opinion and not from an open mind. If you want to survive and excel in this world you need to open your eyes and broaden your horizons.

Audiokarma
Old 03-08-2017, 01:31 AM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
That's the thing hardly any of the Hispanics in my area speak English, the kids do, but not the adults.
Just walk in and say 'Nesesito un catalytico.' I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
THANK YOU. Besides, I'm sure the mexican muffler guys speak enough english to know what 'I need a catalytic converter' means.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Just walk in and say 'Nesesito un catalytico.' I mean...

THANK YOU. Besides, I'm sure the mexican muffler guys speak enough english to know what 'I need a catalytic converter' means.
Yeah, but my point is that, this is America, English is our National Language, I shouldn't need to go into a shady Mexican Muffler shop and Speak Spanish to the shop owner to get work done on my American Car, that's NOT how it works!
If you're happy with taking your car into a shady muffler shop that may or may not be run by Hispanics that don't speak English, that's fine with me, but I want to be able to get work done on my car by a reputable mechanic that Speaks English, and that isn't going to try and rip me off, but like I said shops like that don't seem to exist near me sadly enough.
Closed Thread