Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

The colors are wrong and I can't make out anything resembling what it looks like. The tv is not the issue as I tried it with my Vader 2600 and it works fine. Even tried a different cable and I have the same result.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Electronics Accumulator

Might be a bad TIA chip.

There are only three chips in an Atari, and they're the same between all versions (except the very late 2600jr) The CPU, the RIOT, and the TIA.

Can you hear the game playing at all, or are you getting just a solid tone/sound and the rolling image?

If you have another Atari with socketed chips, just swap one at at time until you find the bad one. But issues like this are usually the TIA, occasionally the RIOT.

-Ian
Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Image isn't actually rolling,it doesn't move,just looks like that or variations thereof. I can occasionally get sounds but they're not what they should be,just various in game tones. I'll have to take a look at the vader 2600 I have to see if the chips are socketed and if they are I'll try swapping them. Also before anyone suspects the cartridge it does this with multiple games (all of which are fine in the other console)