Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Batteries and a strap for a vintage Zenith hearing aid

Ever have one of those projects that would probably take twenty minutes if you could just find the parts, but you can't get all your ducks in a row?

I'd like to take care of a few issues on my early 1950s Zenith hearing aid. This is one of those subminiature tube units. It's in pretty good shape, except for three issues-

- There's a worn label inside, maybe from battery leakage, so one decal is absent. I'm thinking of just contacting RadioDaze to see if they can make a repro based on some online images and a few measurements.

- The B battery is supposed to have a strap to help pull it out, but it's broken from the years of sitting (and possibly leaking batteries). I know battery straps are still a thing, so I'm trying to decide whether I can get a premade strap and install it, or if just buying some firm material would be best. Does anyone know what that thing is called? Looking up "battery tab" and "battery strap" just brings up those little disposable straps they stick in toys so the batteries don't leak on the shelf.

- On the subject of batteries, I'm having some trouble finding the correct batteries. I think I've found a source for the 22.5V B battery I need, but can anyone direct me to a matching A battery? There's no voltage marking on what I have, and no number on it. I need two of them.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help. I'm including a few photos to help show what I'm looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190215_161948.jpg (37.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20190215_161945.jpg (43.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20190215_161940.jpg (79.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20190215_161952.jpg (42.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20190215_162028.jpg (85.9 KB, 36 views)