Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > The Amateur Radio Spot

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Anyone wanna meet up on 40M?

Just got my new antenna up and wanted to give it a try....a hamstick dipole mounted horizontally about 25 feet up.

Chances are that if you're in Bora Bora I won't be able to hear you but that's okay.......because you'll be dealing with a pileup anyway
Old 09-21-2017, 09:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Kam, I'm always up for it. As I recall though you are too far East for me on 40m, at least during the day. I'm out on the West coast in Albion, CA. 20M might work though. I think you said something about the MMS net, I'll be riding along on that today for a while at least. If I hear you I'll call a contact. What is your call? Other than that, shoot me an email and we can try whatever band/ time you like.

Now that I have had my loop up for a few weeks, I'm in LOVE. Best antenna I've had.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Administrator

I'm N2LCJ. I was listening a bit on 40M this morning....20M seemed a little dead.

This is my HF antenna arrangement.....twin Hamsticks set up with a dipole mount. The 20M antenna is east/west and the 40M north/south. Ugly as sin, but it seems to be working pretty well as I heard some DX out of Japan on 20 yesterday (and of course, hams piled in.....I hate DX).

Then again, there really is no such thing as a pretty ham antenna. What's your call?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2015.jpg (44.4 KB, 135 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I recognize that I am the only one who thinks my antennas are beautiful!

Your antenna set up looks good. Nice and compact and short feed lines. Never used a hamstick but I have a friend who does and swears by them.

Call here is KK6RPX.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Administrator

I'll hop on the MMS net in a bit......the grand daughter's almost asleep (pinch hit babysitting)
Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Either band conditions on 20M are horrible tonight or the MMS isn't broadcasting. Pretty much dead across the band from what I can tell....
Old 09-22-2017, 09:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Same here. The MMS was there I'm sure ( they always are) but I couldn't hear it either. Must have been really dead if you weren't hearing them, most of the NC stations are out your way.