Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
RCA 741PCS

I hooked up the clock and it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cogley View Post
There is either a pin and washer or a threaded nut at the top of the hands. Take it off, and you can wiggle the hands free. After that, it's probably just held on by a nut under the hands.
Yes, there is a pin I can easily remove, but the hands are really stubborn. I think I'll leave it alone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwick View Post
I'd just glue those tears in the speaker's cone together and add patches of paper to close the holes, to keep it original!

If the cone is missing really large chunks, or is rotten and beyond repair, i'd install a new one but i'd keep the original leather surround which seems to be in in good shape.
I started cleaning out the speaker and found the chunk of plaster responsible for that big hole

I think you're right about being able to salvage it though.
I'm hoping that the missing piece of cone paper may still be inside the radio somewhere or even in my car. I'll do some hunting.

Do you think I should put a little leather conditioner on that leather surround? It's fairly dried out and stiff.

I recorded a little YouTube video of the clock and damaged speaker in more detail.

Bob

Last edited by bandersen; 03-15-2010 at 04:00 PM.