Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

I think it is a CT-1905, I say "think" because the number on the back says CT-969...but that's the Canadian model number of course.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsbeard View Post
I think it is a CT-1905, I say "think" because the number on the back says CT-969...but that's the Canadian model number of course.
I've got two versions of the CT-969 manual in TIFF format, one is English, the other is bilingual French/English (de Aout 1979). PM me your email address so I can send both to you.

AGC control is off pin 12 of the HA11215A IC (may be a HA11215F in your set). R210, a 5K pot is the AGC. Rock it slightly CCW when you have buzzing to see if it helps. The little mickey-mike (1, 2.2uf and 4.7uf) electrolytics around the Video AGC chip were known to cause some problems like streaking, negative video, crappy sync, AGC overload and so on, so a recap of those might be of some help. GE used the same IF/Video AGC chip as their part number EP84X139 on some chassis, and the same caps were always bad - Marcon branded, and we replaced them as a preventative measure to avoid callbacks. IIRC, about 6 or 7, all hanging off pins of the chip.

Cheers,
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!