Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Stuck in the past!

My wife's father has cancer

To make a long story short, she was talking to him on the Internet the other night and found out. We believe it's stage 3 or 4 but he won't go to the doctor and is stubborn. Problem is, he's in new York and we're in arkansas. I need to get my wife and daughter to him while there's still time but I can't afford it. He has no one up there to help him. I was told I could start a gofundme so I did and I'm looking for anyone who can help us to help him. Link is: https://www.gofundme.com/4zarh08

I don't know what else to do. If anyone has any ideas on here, please let me know.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

I see you don't own a car, but if you are able to drive, can you rent one? I just picked a random Enterprise rent-a-car location in AK and one in NY to make a one-way trip. It was $138 for a compact car. Plus roughly 1200 miles divided by 37mpg (average compact rate) 32.5 miles at 2.35 a gallon is roughly $77 in gas. So you could get there for about $215 one way.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Stuck in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoogarXR View Post
I see you don't own a car, but if you are able to drive, can you rent one? I just picked a random Enterprise rent-a-car location in AK and one in NY to make a one-way trip. It was $138 for a compact car. Plus roughly 1200 miles divided by 37mpg (average compact rate) 32.5 miles at 2.35 a gallon is roughly $77 in gas. So you could get there for about $215 one way.
We don't even have $430 to get there and back plus food for 3 people. We live on $600 per month. Things deteriorated last year and I only get out once or twice a month. If I can ever get moved back into town close to everything, I may say to heck with being disabled an start working again just so I ca get things done. I haven't been able to work since 2005 but if things don't get better, I'll force myself to get things done.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:59 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Im so sorry pac...... I will pray you are able to get to NY and see him!!!!!

God bless you
Old 01-15-2018, 11:15 AM
Stuck in the past!

After 42 views and not even a 5 cent contribution, we've decided to close the account. Just a waste of time if you ask me. If it's meant to be that we see him, it'll happen. He did mention he'd try to come here even tho travel is hard on him. We're actually in the process of moving up north so maybe we'll see him then. Hopefully sometime this year.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm sorry to hear about this.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:09 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Im so sorry buddy
Old 01-24-2018, 10:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
To make a long story short, she was talking to him on the Internet the other night and found out. We believe it's stage 3 or 4 but he won't go to the doctor and is stubborn. Problem is, he's in new York and we're in arkansas. I need to get my wife and daughter to him while there's still time but I can't afford it. He has no one up there to help him. I was told I could start a gofundme so I did and I'm looking for anyone who can help us to help him. Link is: https://www.gofundme.com/4zarh08

I don't know what else to do. If anyone has any ideas on here, please let me know.
They can do a lot more with Cancer now, than a even a few years ago. If he went for treatment, he could possibly live a while longer, so you and your family can get a chance to see him again.
I had a lot of wonderful friends and relatives die from Cancer. The disease doesn't discriminate.