Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2021, 02:50 AM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Screen scroller not working on Samsung plasma?

This is a trivial issue but it still bothers me. As I'm sure y'all are well aware, many plasma TVs have a built-in feature buried in the onscreen menus that activates a slowly scrolling black and white pattern, which is designed to remove temporary image retention on the panel. No matter what button I press, for some weird reason, this scroller feature on my Samsung PN50C550 does not work. I go through the menu: Picture > Picture Options > Screen Burn Protection > Scrolling, but when I press the center 'OK/select' button or the right arrow button on the remote to activate the scroller, it just closes the menus as if I'd hit the 'EXIT' button. I cannot think of a reason or fault for this behavior. Does anyone else have experience with this issue or even just this model of TV? Maybe it was meant to be removed as a feature on this model, and Samsung forgot to remove the menu option for it? I'm stumped.

For now, I just use a YouTube video of a scrolling pattern via my Nintendo Switch, but it would be great to be able to just use the scroller built into the TV.