Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just Bought a Telematic Test Jig could use some help

Hey guys, I recently picked up a CTC-16 and had it delivered to my storage unit for the time being. I wanted to bring the chassis home and work on it so I bought a telematic TV repair jig off ebay. I wanted to know a little about it, with shipping it cost me about $160 hopefully I didn't over pay. I don't have any instructions and it came with a few adapters, what looks like a yoke, and a couple catalogs. From what I can see I only have adapters for philco and zenith. Is there a way to make these adapters is there anything special in them? I'd like to see if I could make one myself. Also the yoke adapter cable that comes out of the front, has two wires torn off one is a red wire that looks to go to the frame of the picture tube, the other wire is light blue and goes back to a jumper that plugs into the Yoke on the test jig. They're ripped off the plug does anyone know where they would solder to? It's tricky to post pictures so I'm going to put them on my Google Drive and share links.

Here is a folder on my Google Drive with pics
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...geQRClzsvbEm0r
Old 04-16-2024, 02:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Off topic a bit, but I'll be giving away two and possibly three test jigs sometime this year. Anyone in the CT area is welcome to them.

One is a Sylvania setup with adapters from GTE/Philips presumably (not sure, given to me years ago by a Philips shop) and one or two RCA jigs. One of them is the last version from RCA and has the built in adjustable matching transformers for V and H. That I know for sure I still have. There might be an older one that was adapted later with the adjustable outboard kit from Telematic but that might be gone.

If you're in the Connecticut area and would like one, both, or all three (if the third one exists), let me know. They're free for the asking if they're for you and not to flip, otherwise I was going to donate them to the antique TV museum in Windsor CT

John
Old 04-16-2024, 05:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm in north Jersey. I bet you aren't far. Do you think any of them would work on a CTC 16 chassis
Old 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperna1985 View Post
I'm in north Jersey. I bet you aren't far. Do you think any of them would work on a CTC 16 chassis
Update - I have two, not three. The Sylvania and the last RCA they made with the selectable V and H adjustments - the "middle" RCA I must have scrapped out years ago. The Sylvania I never used (got from a closing shop) and the RCA was one I used for the later RCA chassis from the 1980s through 2000 give or take.

Yes for the CTC 16 on both, but I don't know what if any adapters would be needed.

I'll check and update this when I can get to them (they're buried).

My email is delstv@aol.com in case I'm not here. My shop is in Waterbury. I won't ship but may be able to meet you part way at least.

John