Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Is there a dedicated thread where I can upload pictures of my dad's old equipment?

So my dad ran his own TV/Radio/Stereo etc business for 30 years then got a communications engineer job with Union Pacific Railroad moved and sold the building. He kept a lot of his stuff that he had and now since he's passed it's one of my last duties as his executor to dispose of the items. My problem is I have no clue what these things are worth or what a lot of them are. I have a ton of parts from vacuum tubes to capacitors/resistors, knobs, and other equipment.

Here's two pictures of one item now. Any info would be appreciated or offers if anyone wants this vintage piece.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211117_102505 (1).jpg (103.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20211117_102248.jpg (104.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-18-2021, 03:51 AM
The Resident Brony

As happens in these situations, there will be a very few gems that someone will want to cherry-pick, and pay decent money for. Meaning, perhaps $100 per good item, like an oscilloscope or tube tester in GOOD condition. The rest, though still valuable and desired, will be worth pennies. Not worth your effort to ship them, and you'll likely ask too much for them, and turn away anyone with a glimmer of interest in them.

Tubes are worth nothing unless they are tested, and then you'd have to sell them piecemeal on ebay. Could take forever. Save yourself the trouble and sell them in a lump sum to the first person to offer, honestly.

Post some more pics of the bigger items like test equipment, and see if anyone here is interested.