Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for posting that, really neat to see it. God bless eccentric people...they're the ones that save stuff like this for us.

About 12 years ago there was a Ford dealer in Southern IL that sold about 8-10 unsold and never titled cars from the 70's and early 80's. They were mostly LTD's and Fairmounts, but they had a '79 Mustang Indy Pace Car that only had around 25 miles on it. They had it in their showroom for years, still had plastic on it.

For several years now I have sought out closed up small town dealers like this and peek in the window to see if I can find a place like that. No luck so far, but rumor is a certain Chevy dealer still in business in a 20's era building won't let anybody on the 2nd floor and that some treasures are hiding there.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

chevys

Love the 65 impala with the 396 big block with only 1 mile on it. No radio crank windows. Nice sleeper.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrand View Post
For several years now I have sought out closed up small town dealers like this and peek in the window to see if I can find a place like that. No luck so far, but rumor is a certain Chevy dealer still in business in a 20's era building won't let anybody on the 2nd floor and that some treasures are hiding there.
That reminds me, I once read that the owner of the surviving original 1968 Mustang from Bullitt won't let anyone see it. No idea if that guy still has it, haven't checked in ages.