Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

NBC Coverage of JFK Assassination

Among the things found in the stash of VHS tapes I picked up recently is a copy of the NBC coverage of the JFK assassination. This was reaired at least a couple times-the one I have was done by PBS in 1993. It is 6+ hours, uninterupted, starting shortly after the special coverage began. A truly amazing time capsule; I was particularly surprised at how much information they were able to get out-by the end of the recording they were able to air a recorded interview that Lee Harvey Oswald had done with a Louisiana TV station. There are all sorts of technical problems they encountered throughout the day but overall they made excellent use of their facilities.

Some questions, for those "in the know":
The recording is primarily b/w. I'm assuming the NBC news studios were not color equipped at the time? They do numerous remotes from WBAP-TV, the earliest ones in color. There was another remote later on in color from somewhere else. I wonder, were these broadcast live (and recorded) that way, or were they initially bw to the network, with color recordings edited in later?