Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Thanks for the pleasant reminders.
Those were certainly the days.....
Speaking of that, does anyboty remember the old SF series Believe it, or not ?
How about the original Outer Limits?
"Do not attempt to adjust your television."

Bill Cahill
Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

...An' the Outer Limits' "BEARS" that made any/all self-respecting 8 yr old pee his pants, they were so scary ?!? That's where all the modern version series' fall down, IMHO...They always have to give you a dose of New Age touchy-feely crapola, where the originals, all they wanted to do was scare the CRAP outta you...Story MUST take a backseat to PC sensibilities, nowadays...
Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Chasin roundies since '79

I just had to re-watch the Twilight Zone episode being discussed! The TV appears to be a 16" roundie hidden in a hastily-improvised shell to avoid any noticing of the manufacturer, which was common practice at the time. The radio was an RCA Radiola 62 in Static, also featuring the late Alice Pearce. She played the first, and best "Mrs. Kravitz" in Bewitched, where, conversely, there was a Zenith in almost every room!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

That was a 10" set. I think it was a Bendix.
Bill Cahill
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper View Post
What a strange feeling. wa2ise's description didn't ring any bells at all with me, but when NowhereMan remembered it was an episode of Nanny And The Professor--ding!--I remember it too. Really quite something to recall something from such a young age that I hadn't thought of in nearly 40 years.

And thinking it would be great to refresh my memory, I checked hulu. They have 23 of the 26 second season episodes...and OF COURSE this is one of those that's missing!

I remember when FX was new in the mid 1990's, they also re-ran "Nanny and the Professor" as well plus I did see a few of those on Hulu.
Audiokarma
Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...An' the Outer Limits' "BEARS" that made any/all self-respecting 8 yr old pee his pants, they were so scary ?!? That's where all the modern version series' fall down, IMHO...They always have to give you a dose of New Age touchy-feely crapola, where the originals, all they wanted to do was scare the CRAP outta you...Story MUST take a backseat to PC sensibilities, nowadays...
Some of the older episodes make you think too, I just saw "I, Robot" from "The Outer Limits" recently on THIS-TV where a robot was put in trial for murder. Somewhere down the road, we will have to answer questions to something like this on what is sentience and who is sentient and so on. Even another question popped into my mind, will there be a time where robots are granted equal rights? Then again, you have the movie, "Bicentennial Man" where the U.S. Congress finally recognized his humanity as the Robin Williams character passed on.

I know this is a bit OT, but a lot of those science fiction and speculation shows really makes one think.