Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2023, 02:45 PM
Motorola Minion

RCA CTC5 in "custom" cabinet

After a month of FB tag, I finally bought this very interesting set today and pick it up in 2 days. Of course, today I did not bring my truck but there were several times I did and then later appointments were cancelled. I was patient as I imagined how many dumb responses he probably got to the ad. Apparently, I was the only local response who knew what it was!

It was in the dining room of a very interesting 1910 townhome only a few blocks from work. The owner was close to my age trying to downsize, 1st generation Italian with many antiques and seemed relieved someone actually understood why the RCA's cabinet was changed.

The owner's parents had renovated a basement rec. room as so many did in 1964. Apparently the original cabinet (photo-finish mahogany) and looked dated among the more "modern" walnut furniture of the era. His father built the cabinet and somehow moved the tuner and brightness/volume to the rear.

I was not able to examine the rear but was surprised the tuner was not placed elsewhere. He offered to power it up, saying it recently played a movie from a VCR, but I declined.

Custom 5.jpg