Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Mouser and Digi-Key Capacitor Search Help

I never had this problem when I purchased from a catalog, but I just went to these to sites and they have all of these search criteria that basically got me nowhere.

We are mostly here because we like vintage equipment, so lets say I am going to order some 10 mfd @ 400VDC electrolytic caps for a project and lets say in axial package. This should not be hard to find and I guess i'm looking in the wrong places, but there are 10 criteria under 20 different types of capacitors.

I simply want a darned simple thing! Or at least to get in the ball park and then look at different manufacturers and what is offered at or near that value. The closest to simple electrolytic seems to be aluminum. I don't care if it is made out of sand really! I just want a replacement part!

I hope I didn't throw away my old catalogs I saved from when I purchased just a few years back. It wasn't hard at all. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and possibly suggest some strategy here. Also, I will want to get some small value (used to be "orange drop") caps to replace foil/paper units of old. Decent quality companies for the price? etc...

Thanks everyone!!