Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cahill View Post
Wish I had a juke box....
I once almost had a AMI 45 juke box that I thought was nifty. It was frozen in time, with changer in mid cycle. It was still showing original prices of 10 cents, 15 cents, and, 20 cents on the large front window.
That's the one I'd love to have, Red tone arm, and, I think it was a model 200.
Bill Cahill
I bet it was an F or G series. I wonder did it look like a big fish tank...lol with a horn up above. The sound on those is amazing if it was. A lady fiend has the G80 and it sounds fantastic.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

No. Not like that. It had 3 glass sides. Wood painted back.
Mechanism was painted red. Metal grill in front. Used two florescent tubes along either side of speaker grill.
Coin box was in back, I think mounted on panel openning at bottom, where you could access the amp, and, volume control.
Speaker was also there.
More, or, less, a square case with a slope shape.
Was lower in back, than front.
Just a neat machine. Entire machine moved side to side accross vertically mounted records accross the back.
Bill Cahill
Sure wish I could have gotten that neat machine.
It looked so cool.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Perhaps an E-120. Pretty close to your description. I have that model. I had it working great. It popped a button and developed a problem. I worked and worked on it. I got pissed off and put it back together and it has not played for about 2 years. LOL I really need to get back into it. Any tips out there?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Can you show pictures of your machine?
Bill Cahill
Old 06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I currently have a Seeburg AY-100 and a Wurlitzer 2900. Both are working good with recapped amps. The Wurlitzer has an older 2700 amp with tubes so it sounds nice. The AY-100 is a hybrid. 4 transistors in the preamp. The Seeburg was a bitch to get the clutch unstuck. Worst one I've worked on. The third time I washed the mechanism, it finally came loose. All the Wurlitzer has needed was an amp recap and new belts. I also have a Seeburg LS-1 in pieces. It could be put back together to work again as the mechanism, amp, pricing unit, and control box have all been working within the last two years.

I've also had a Seeburg C, AMI C, and a Seeburg LS-2 which sounded like a million bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xmas.jpg (26.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ay100.jpg (28.4 KB, 22 views)
Audiokarma
Old 06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggregg View Post
The AY-100 is a hybrid. 4 transistors in the preamp. The Seeburg was a bitch to get the clutch unstuck. Worst one I've worked on. The third time I washed the mechanism, it finally came loose.
I think my clutch is stuck too.

Did you use anything to clean up the speaker grille? Mine is discolored and I'm pondering how to handle it.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

This one was actually quite nice which is one of the reasons why I bought it. I touched it up with steel wool but it wasn't bad at all. I've seen some pretty nasty ones.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Talking no jukebox but old magnavox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFitz View Post
I know there are discussion groups on the internet for jukeboxes but several members have mentioned they owned jukeboxes in threads on other subjects.Other than that they're rarely mentioned. I think they fit here as the "hifi audio guys" wouldn't be caught dead putting their records on them.

Well I have jukes too and I don't mind playing my records on them. As a starter I'll list the jukeboxes I have:

Seeburg 222-working
Seeburg C-under restoration
Seeburg R-works but needs restoration
Rockola 490-1 Supersound 2-working
Wurlitzer 2150-partially working
Wurlitzer 1400-needs restoration

Other jukes I have but plan to sell after they're done are:

Seeburg LPC1-almost finished
(2) Seeburg LPC480s
Rowe/AMI JAL
Seeburg SS160

Jukes I've owned and sold :

Wurlitzer 24-Hated to sell it but hospital bills were coming in the mail. Sounded fantastic playing 78s.
Wurlitzer 2510
Mills Do Re Me
Seeburg PFEAU1-The one that says Discoteque on the upper marquee
Seeburg STD3 Sunstar-boss has this one
Rockola 490 Supersound

and lastly one of my faves and I'll never sell it: Seeburg HSC1 or Home Stereo console
Plays 1 side or both of up to 50 full size LPs. The sides are selected by a telephone dial. The LPs are played vertically just like all Seeburg jukeboxes from the M100A on up do. They track at 2.5 grams with the same Pickering magnetic the 1967 and later 45 rpm jukes use.Oh my I can hear the audio guys squealing like little girls that I'm running a plow through my records....hahaha. The speakers are in their own separate boxes inside of the console.It's a 6 ft long beautiful pecan cabinet.
Dont have a jukebox. My parents have a rock-ola cd jukebox. not sure if that counts as a real jukebox or not but I have a 1965 magnavox portable. a lot of vinyl Purists would yell at me for playing records on there as well. so Play your jukeboxes. Records are made to be played. Doug
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

I hope to one day obtain a quality jukebox. I have piles (and piles) of 50s-60s singles all on 45s and they'd be superb for that task......most are really well cared for too. Over the past year or so, my efforts have in fact been redirected towards 45s and not LPs.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Banned

I had a Seeburg model B when I was in high school late 60's it had 4 6v6 pp tube amp
huge chassis. Took a while and help of 2 friends to get it working what a beast. it did however sound better than a lot of newer Juke boxes .
IT had a 15' field coil speaker . It was not cosmetically near as good as a restored one even back then .My favorites are the Seeburg B's and C's 100's of course and also the 222 a lot of the 100,s were really neat as are the G,F and 100R I`d like to have a few of the 100`s.
I wish I had the 100b now in restored cond. I think the reason not many here is thatthey are large heavy and usually
very expensive to repair /restore but they are neat toys if you have money and space for them . oh and either no wife or a separate out building for them.

nice collection there J.C.
cool links too

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 11-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

I would like to find something cheap that it is semi-running so my 90 year old grandmother can enjoy independently. Even late model AMI-Rowe and Rockolas OK. Don't have to be mint condition. I can do most repairs on one if need be.